A few examples of SolutionCasts created by the students in Room 103. They've become really skilled with Smart Notebook and have begun using some of the tools like spotlight, magic pen, and window shade to help organize their videos.
But they're still learning, as you'll see, to SPEAK UP!
All of these short videos were created in response to an EQAO sample problem. The problem solving, gallery walk, and production of the SolutionCast took approximately 3 periods (1.5 hours)
Hello, My name is Ms. Poulis and I am a teacher-librarian at Crescent Town Public School. I just finished listening to Alister and Alexander's Solution Cast for Anne's Pennie Jar problem. I really enjoyed listening to how you were able to determine the pattern. You also did something that many students sometimes forget to do and that is you read over the question again and noticed that finding the pattern was not the only answer you had to solve. You showed us how you continued the pattern to answer the second question. I really enjoyed how you shared your solution cast as well. Knowing when to start and stop speaking to allow others to share their thoughts is a really hard skill to learn. This is a skill that you can share in all areas of the curriculum. Great Job. I am sure all the work here will inspire teachers and students alike!
I'm so proud of you guys for all your hard work. You're not only learning as students, but you're becoming each other's teachers as well by sharing your work and having them posted on the blog. Amazing!
Thank you so much for sharing your learning with us! As Ms. Poulis said, I really like how you re-read the question - that really helped me understand what was being asked of you. I also really liked it when you took the time to explain how you came up with your solution - some of those questions are really tricky! I'm also impressed with how well you know the SMART Board tools.
I hope you don't mind if I continue to share these screen casts with all the other teachers and students using the MacBooks this year. What a great example of how Math and technology work together in the classroom. Can't wait to see more.
Wow - These are great! What a great study tool to review for tests etc...I really like how you use the different Notebook tools to do the screencasts.
ReplyDeleteWell done and keep up the good work!
Hello,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Ms. Poulis and I am a teacher-librarian at Crescent Town Public School. I just finished listening to Alister and Alexander's Solution Cast for Anne's Pennie Jar problem.
I really enjoyed listening to how you were able to determine the pattern. You also did something that many students sometimes forget to do and that is you read over the question again and noticed that finding the pattern was not the only answer you had to solve. You showed us how you continued the pattern to answer the second question.
I really enjoyed how you shared your solution cast as well. Knowing when to start and stop speaking to allow others to share their thoughts is a really hard skill to learn. This is a skill that you can share in all areas of the curriculum.
Great Job. I am sure all the work here will inspire teachers and students alike!
I'm so proud of you guys for all your hard work. You're not only learning as students, but you're becoming each other's teachers as well by sharing your work and having them posted on the blog. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing your learning with us! As Ms. Poulis said, I really like how you re-read the question - that really helped me understand what was being asked of you. I also really liked it when you took the time to explain how you came up with your solution - some of those questions are really tricky! I'm also impressed with how well you know the SMART Board tools.
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind if I continue to share these screen casts with all the other teachers and students using the MacBooks this year. What a great example of how Math and technology work together in the classroom. Can't wait to see more.
Julie Millan